High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Must have 1+ years experience within medical/insurance environment
- Must have Medical terminology and/or knowledge in the medical field
- Must have 2 - 3 years of customer service experience.
These staff members will be working directly with the public and must possess the following:
- Must interact positively with patients and co-workers demonstrating effective communication to include a clear voice and excellent listening skills.
- Must possess professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision with an ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have basic knowledge and experience of Windows-based computer applications.
- Must have accurate keyboard skills.
- Must provide excellent customer service to patients at all times/must be able to multi task as this is an extremely busy environment, fast paced.
- Verify demographic information to include address, emergency contact information i.e., guarantor and check patients in timely
- Provide questionnaires to patients according to physician protocol.
- Monitors lobby to ensure patients are not waiting excessive amounts of time. Notifies patients of physician wait times when physicians run behind.
- Obtains and/or verifies current insurance information when scheduling and arriving appointments ensuring that Watson Clinic accepts patient insurance.
- Scans insurance card(s). Verifies payment sources accurately entered into IDX with appropriate case built and attached (i.e., liability, work comp, agency, grants, employers, legal)
- Verifies appropriate referrals are entered and attached to appointment.
- Schedules and cancels appointments accurately following physician protocols.
- Proportionately arrives and schedules patient appointments.
- Collects payments using appropriate payment codes and issues receipts. Follows IDX Alert policy prior to scheduling appointment.
- Follows PFS collection comments.
- Closes batches accurately and prior to leaving for the day, depositing in designated area. Runs report sets as applicable.